There are always a few things that I become hooked on for a couple of weeks or even months and they can range from products or tv shows to shops and certain foods. It was kind of hard not to throw a beauty bit into the mix, but I wanted to keep this strictly about a random mix of things I've been enjoying recently. I also want to point out that this round-up is by no means revolutionary. But hey, maybe you'll find something below that makes you just as happy because it's the little things in life that can turn a bad day into a good one. Not to get all sappy and stuff.
iPhone Reminders
I'm so bad at remembering to do simple tasks like picking up dry cleaning, paying a credit card or running to the supermarket for milk. Luckily, I haven't been forgetting about these mundane tasks thanks to the iPhone Reminders app, which has made me about 10x more productive. Why haven't I been using it for years?! Anything I remember that needs to get done goes straight into my phone with a deadline. Done and done.
Snapchat
And while we're on the tech subject, Snapchat is killing it right now. It's not even just about the puppy dog filter although that is a huge reason why it's so great, ha. What I enjoy most is the fact that I can watch my favorite beauty bloggers and vloggers do their thing on Snapchat similar to on YouTube, but in half the time. I do wish I was better about posting stories because I find I go on mainly to see what friends are up to or even to read the news at the top, which I've been enjoying lately.
Anthropologie
In regards to shopping, I can't pass by an Anthropologie and not go inside. Lately, I've come to appreciate just how inspiring this place is despite how damaging it is to my wallet. I suppose Anthro's style can be described as somewhat of a whimsical fantasy- picture being in a cornflower field wearing a vintage floral dress with the wind blowing through your hair. Really though. What I like most about Anthropologie is the house and home section because the pieces are an eclectic mix of patterns, florals and other dreamy designs with gorgeous pops of color. Recently, I received a few gifts for when I move in with my boyfriend that I absolutely adore.
To finish things off, my beverage of choice lately has been a big glass of ice cold water with a wedge of lemon squeezed inside. There is something about lemon water that I can't get enough of. It's not even about the fact that I'm trying to be healthy, I just simply love the taste. When you're feeling relaxed sometime in the evening, sit down and watch The Night Of on HBO. It's is an eight-part crime drama miniseries about a complex New York City murder case with cultural and political overtones. After binge watching Stranger Things on Netflix, I needed another show to fill the void of wanting more and this one will set you over the edge. Hope you're enjoying the rest of your weekend!
xx JG



No comments
Post a Comment